A nationwide initiative to bring the arts to education.
Young Audiences – Arts for Learning – Virginia is one of over 30 affiliates who are a part of a national organization called Young Audiences Arts for Learning. The organization serves as the nation’s largest arts in education learning network, serving over 5 million children and youth each year in 7,000 schools and community centers across the country.
Check out the video below for more information.
- Young Audiences Arts for Learning is more than 60 years old and was established in 1952.
- A National Network: The nation’s largest arts in education learning network, serving over 5 million children and youth each year in 8,984 schools and community centers across the country through its diverse network of 30 local affiliates.
- Young Audiences Arts for Learning is an association of affiliated organizations that are each dedicated to local education and community development. The YA network collectively works together to impact arts in education practices and policies on a national level.
- Young Audiences advocates for the YA network and the arts-in-education field, coordinating national advocacy efforts through a National Young Audiences Week every March.
- Young Audiences connects exceptional teaching artists with teachers to provide in-depth arts residencies that raise academic and artistic achievement, while enhancing and developing learning skills that translate across curriculums.