Program Relationship Coordinator
Young Audiences Arts for Learning VA – Norfolk, VA 23502
Young Audiences Arts for Learning Virginia (YAV) is seeking an exceptional and dynamic candidate as the Program Relationship Coordinator, reporting to the Chief Operations Officer. The Program Relationship Coordinator’s primary responsibilities include: oversight of program strategy, expansion, operations and documentation, artist management (i.e., collaborating, coaching, and training), and consistent monitoring of in- and after-school programs at multiple partnering sites. The ideal candidate will have a background in youth education, experience with arts integration, strong facilitation, and partnership-building skills.
Additionally, candidate is highly skilled in communicating, effectively and efficiently, both orally and in writing demonstrating tact, empathy, and compassion with students, educators, facility staff, families, artists, volunteers, as well as providing encouragement, support, and consultation to YAV team members and leadership; handling stress related to multiple demands.
The focus of this position is to support the Chief Operations Officer in the implementation of all activities of the Programming Department. This position primarily coordinates logistics related to In-School & Out-of-School Time (OST) Projects, Conferences, and Professional Development for Educators and Parents as well as special events as necessary.
Full time, Monday thru Friday with regular late afternoon and/or evening work with occasional weekends required. Frequent travel to schools and venues within Coastal Virginia, with some travel outside Coastal Virginia required.
• High School Diploma. Associate degree in arts, education, or communications preferred
• Excellent organizational skills / project management; able to handle heavy work flow, meet deadlines, develop innovative solutions, be self-motivated and detail-oriented
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience in digital storytelling using Social Media platforms
• Team player, flexible, outstanding interpersonal skills, and work ethic
• Passion for arts education and serving the community
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro and Creative Cloud, and Canva; WordPress and Salesforce capability preferred
• Access to reliable transportation
Physical requirements & environment/working conditions:
Work involves sitting, standing, walking, stooping and bending intermittently throughout the day. Occasionally carries objects up to 30 pounds. Constant use of computer keyboard and monitor, and need for reaching with the hands or arms, and use of hands to finger, handle or feel. Constant use of the spoken word and hearing ability. Requires close vision, distance vision, depth perception, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Excellent benefits – fully paid medical, life insurance, and AD&D; 403(b)
To apply: Cover letter, resume, and three references to: Anna Green, Chief
Operations Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org
YAV is an equal opportunity employer. We have a strong commitment to equity and inclusion, and value the leadership and skills of people from diverse backgrounds.
Job Type: Full-time