In partnership with the CEO and Board, the Development Manager will plan, lead, organize, and execute strategies to raise funds from a variety of sources. This position will create a compelling case for support and use it to raise funds and build awareness and visibility of the organization across the YAV service area. This position has the primary responsibility for identifying, writing and reporting grants, creating and tracking individual, foundation and corporate donor appeals, overseeing donor related marketing and communications and special events. This position reports to the CEO.
Plan, develop, and implement outreach strategies to promote YAV’s mission, programs and services (i.e. grant writing, reporting, management, and funder stewardship)
Develop and execute a fundraising plan including annual giving, donor development, and other fundraising events
Serve as staff liaison for YAV’s Fundraising and Development Committee and Special Events sub-committee.
Research and identify possible funding resources and assist CEO to secure such funding.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, arts administration or other related field of study
- Prior nonprofit experience
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed research and networking skills
- Familiarity with budgeting and ability to understand financial statements
- Experience with Donor Perfect, or donor management software
- Experienced with social media platforms for businesses like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary with paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, and opportunity to contribute to a 403(b)-retirement plan
How to Apply
Please send an email with attached resume and three professional references to ceo[at]yav.org. Resume reviews will begin immediately.
Job Type: Full-time